Gluten has been connected to more than 55 diseases. This protein is found in wheat, barley, and rye. 99% of people who have celiac disease or gluten intolerance are never diagnosed. If in case you deal with any of these symptoms then it is certainly a sign that you are not tolerant to gluten.
- Digestive issues – bloating, gas, constipation, and diarrhea are sings of gluten intolerance. Children who consume something with gluten usually have constipation.
- Fibromyalgia or Fatigue – this diagnosis indicate that your conventional doctor is not able to pin point the cause of your pain or fatigue.
- Keratosis pilaris – chicken skin on the back of the arms result due to a fatty acid deficiency and vitamin A deficiency. This appears because of malabsorption of fat caused by gluten damaging the gut.
- Mood swings – another symptom of gluten intolerance is mood swings that involve ADD, depression, and anxiety.
- Migraines – gluten can also cause migraine headaches.
- Dizziness – gluten can cause neurologic symptoms like feeling of being off balance and dizziness, hormone imbalances like PMS, PCOS, or unexplained fertility.
- Fatigue – if you feel exhausted and sleepy after eating a meal appears due to gluten. It can cause foggy brain as well.
- Inflammation – inflammation, pain, and swelling can appear in hips, knees, and fingers.
- Autoimmune disease – if you previously had a certain kind of autoimmune disease such as Ulcerative Colitis, lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, Multiple Sclerosis, Scleroderma, and Psoriasis then it may be a result of gluten intolerance.
How to test whether you are gluten intolerant or not?
The best way to do this is to take gluten out of your diet for 2-3 weeks and bring it back after that. You may feel a big change or it may be that you don’t have the issue. You will need a few months for gluten to get out of your system, or it may take years. This depends on how much gluten is in your body. If you feel better without gluten or worse when you reintroduce it, then gluten is your issue. If you want to get accurate results from this test you have to eliminate 100% of gluten form your diet.
The rule ‘we do not eat it in our house, just when we eat out” is a complete misconception. Those with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity can increase the risk of death by 60% if eaten just once a month.