Just try to imagine a zero carb world where nervous counting doesn’t exist. In this article, we’re going to present you some foods and groups of food that aren’t exactly 100% lacking in carbs, but it is considered that under 1g net carbs per serving are almost as good as zero.
The list of low carb foods is HUGE. Zero carb foods are more limited, especially in the fruit and veggie area. But there are still over 100 choices for rich satisfying meals.
Using the No Carb Foods List
Fats are the only foods that are completely zero carbs. We all know that even meats and seafood have trace amounts. The foods on the following list have very small amounts of net carbs – fractions of a gram. These foods are so close to zero, most low carbers consider them ‘no carb foods.’
The “almost” zero carb foods are a bit higher, but a single serving from the list is still under 1 net carb.
The only warning: Track your servings. Trace amounts of carbs add up.
- Pork rinds
- Organ meats
- Chicory family (endive, escarole, radicchio)
- Leafy greens (lettuce, arugula, spinach, Swiss chard, kale, turnip greens, Bok Choy etc.)
- Fresh herbs
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Sunflower oil
- Sesame oil
- Coconut oil
- Avocado oil
- Olive oil
- Peanut oil
- Corn oil
- Safflower oil
- Heavy cream
- Most types of cheese
- Regular (full fat) mayonnaise
- Many types of hot sauce
- Diet soda
- Herbal tea
- Drink mix powders (e.g. Crystal Light)
Tips for eating zero carbs:
1. Eat foods which are only of animal origin like eggs, meat, and dairy, because they don’t contain carbs.
2. Eat these products like eggs, dairy and meat until you’re full and make sure you stay full! That will help you not to crave for other things.
3. Drink a lot of water.
4. Don’t consume sweets.
5. Make sure you eat enough fat.