In today’s article, we’ve decided to present you one interesting fruit that you all certainly like but you probably didn’t know about its marvelous properties! Pomegranate protects your cardiovascular health by augmenting nitric oxide, which supports the functioning of endothelial cells that line the arterial walls, so, it can unclog and clean your arteries!
According to a recent study, pomegranate juice may help you fight hardening of the arteries. Researchers managed to prove that pomegranate juice prevents hardening of the arteries by reducing blood vessel damage, but the antioxidant-rich juice may also reverse the progression of this disease.
Here are 9 more amazing benefits of the pomegranate:
- Pomegranate juice regenerates your liver after it has been damaged.
- It’s rich in vitamin C, so it is able to fight any kind of infections.
- It can destroy the inflammation because of the anti-inflammatory properties.
- It reduces the bad LDL cholesterol levels.
- The researchers proved that regular consumption of pomegranate is effective against prostate cancer, breast cancer, diabetes and lymphoma.
- It’s also excellent for your teeth because of the antibacterial compounds which can be helpful in preventing dental plaque.
- It reduces body fat. A study conducted by the University of Edinburgh, showed that pomegranates can help you reduce visceral fat, which is the most dangerous kind of fat.
- According to a study published by the Pediatric Research, drinking pomegranate juice during pregnancy helps in the protection of newborns’ brains during traumatic births.
- Pomegranate protects your DNA as a result of the phytonutrients and antioxidants that interact with your DNA to protect it.
How to select?
Pick the pomegranate up. A ripe pomegranate should feel heavy, which shows that the seeds are full and juicy. Look for an angular shape and firm skin. A good pomegranate is rich in color, and has no cuts or blemishes.
How to store?
You should store pomegranates at cool and dry place for up to one month. If you keep them refrigerated, they can last for about two months.
How to prepare?
First, you should cut off the top. Then,cut the skin in quarters and open it up. After that, put each quarter underwater and use your fingers to ream the seeds from the inside. The seeds should sink, and the white membrane should float. Pour off the membranes so the seeds remain. Eat the seeds raw, but you can also put them into salads, shakes etc.
Clean your arteries once and for all with the use of this marvelous fruit!