After we finish our thing in the toilet we just flush away and never look what we are ‘flushing out’. Yes it might sound as weird at first, but the poop can say a lot about a person’s health and in some cases it can save your life. We all know that poop is the ‘leftover’ from the food after our metabolism absorbed all the nutrients and that is why it is really important for the overall health – your body is eliminating the waste from your body. And what can be really indicative of what is happening inside our body is the way poop looks and smells like.
Different kinds of poop textures can tell a lot about your health.
- -Soft blobs that have clear-cut edges is perfectly normal if you are doing ‘your business’ in the toilet a couple of times daily.
- -Soft and sticky means that your body was unable to absorb the fats as it should and the reason for that is excess oil and this is usually connected with pancreas problems.
- -Sausage-shaped with cracks all over the surface is a perfectly normal poop, just what can be a little concerning here is that the cracks can be indicators that your body needs more water.
- -Lumpy, sausage-shaped is also a normal thing, it is just indicator that you should increase your fiber and water intake.
- -Mushy, fluffy pieces with ragged edges is on the limit for normal and diarrhea, and in this cause you should increase your liquids intake and plus just for any case to consult with your doctor because there might be infection.
- -Separate, hard, nut-like lumps is indicator that your body lacks water and fibers. Increase your water, vegetables and fruit intake.
- -Liquid, without solid pieces means that you have diarrhea and that is indicator for infection. Drink a lot of water during this because when you have diarrhea you lose lots of liquids.
- -Smooth, soft, sausage-shaped means that you are healthy.
- Different color of your poop can tell a lot about your health.
- -Black is indicator that something is wrong and this should never be ignored. It usually indicates internal bleed that is caused by ulcers or cancer. That is why in this case seeing a doctor is a must.
- -Brown is the color that indicators that you are healthy.
- -Green poop color indicates that you are consuming too much leafy green vegetable or that you might have green food coloring. Also it can mean that the food has moved so quick through the large intestine.
- -Yellow indicates excess fat caused by celiac disease.
- -Red or blood stained can be indicator for cancer because blood in the poop is always a bad sign. Immediately see a doctor.
- -Light-colored, white, or clay-colored indicates bile duct obstruction or it can be indicator that you are taking some kinds of medications that can cause those colors. Just to be sure you should consult with a doctor.
Do not ignore any signs that the poop is giving you because that can actually save your life. Also drink a lot of water, increase your fiber intake and you will keep the poop healthy.