The exact cause of migraines is unknown. They are thought to be the result of abnormal brain activity.
- Hormonal changes: menopause or menstrual headache
- Emotional triggers: shock, stress, tension, depression
- Dietary triggers: caffeine drinks, chocolate, alcohol, irregular meals
- Environmental triggers: smoking, changes of climate
Migraines are intense. Learn how to prevent migraine headaches and treat them.
- Higher sensitivity to noise, light and smell
It`s known that you must drink a lot of water. But, you may drink as much water as you can, but your body can still be dehydrated. This is because low electrolyte levels make your body eliminate large amounts of water. Sometimes, even your migraine may be the cause of your dehydration.
- 1 cup water
- Lemon juice (half lemon)
- 2 tablespoons Himalayan salt
Himalayan salt contains magnesium, iron, sulfur, calcium, potassium and other elements necessary for the body. These minerals are associated in a harmonious way and it is easily absorbed without spending energy. The sodium content in the salt is low and therefore no salt retains water in the body.
People have used the benefits of this folk remedy for years. It has traveled through many generations.