Smoking is arguably the deadliest habit on the planet. Numerous people don’t stop doing it, though. Over 16 million people in the United States suffer from health issues caused by smoking. A minimum of 30 people lives with a severe smoking related illness for every person it kills.
Even though we’re all trying to cut back on cigarettes, they still linger. Smoking does a very serious and irreversible damage to our lungs. That’s why we’ve prepared you a recipe for a drink that can be used by both, smokers and ex-smokers! It will help you cleanse your lungs of these toxins!
What’s in the drink?
This drink includes three main ingredients: turmeric, ginger, and onion. All three are full of various health benefits, but when they’re combined together, they form a potent and tasty lung cleansing beverage.
Turmeric is a spice that comes from India. It is widely known for its vibrant gold color. It’s also praised for its health benefits and possesses almost 600 of them! It’s extremely high in minerals and vitamins and has anticancer, antibacterial and antiviral properties. Try to include this spice into your everyday diet more!
Ginger is most commonly used for settling an upset stomach, but it can do so much more. The ability to reduce excess mucus in your lungs which can happen as a result of smoking is one of its most famous.
Onions also possess powerful antioxidant and anticancer properties. They have been used to treat some types of cancer, showing it can inhibit further growth of the cells.
- 2 tablespoons of turmeric
- 400 g of onion
- Thumb sized ginger root
- 400 g of natural sweetener (honey, maple syrup, xylitol, stevia, lo han, etc.)
- 1 liter of water
- Mix the sweetener into the water and heat until boiling
- Chop the ginger and onion and add them to the mixture. Boil it again
- Add the turmeric and lower the heat to medium
- Heat until there is only half the original amount left
- Strain what’s left into a glass container
- Let it cool to room temperature then place in the fridge
- Consume 2 tablespoons of the drink a day, once in the morning and once in the evening, at least 2 hours after a meal.
Smoking may be addictive, but you should know that it’s never too late to quit. It definitely won’t be easy, but you’ll gain numerous benefits in the end. This is an excellent drink both for smokers and a ex-smokers. Try it now! Start breathing more easily and make your lungs healthy again!