Hypertension is a serious condition that if not treated properly can cause serious damage to the kidneys, heart attack, or stroke. 140/90 Hg and above is considered as high. Genetics, excessive alcohol consumptions, high salt intake, lack of physical activity, stress, obesity, pain relievers, birth control pills, or adrenal or kidney disease can cause it. Medications are used for its treatment, however, there are natural remedies which can also help. Those are:
- Lemons – they are packed with vitamin C and antioxidants that can neutralize the negative effects of free radicals. They keep the blood vessels soft and pliable, maintaining soft and pliable blood vessels and reduce blood pressure. If you consume lemon juice on regular basis you will be able to control high blood pressure. Add it into your drinking water throughout the whole day to keep your body hydrated and controlling high blood pressure.
- Watermelon seeds – they contain cucurbocitrin, a compound which assists in widening blood capillaries and improving the function of kidneys. One study discovered that these seeds can treat high blood pressure because of their vasodilatory properties. You should dry and then crush the seeds. Once you make them a fine powder add them in a glass of water or fresh juice, tea, etc.
- Garlic – it reduces bad cholesterol levels and reduces high blood pressure. The high blood pressure can be controlled through stimulating production of nitric oxide and hydrogen sulfide, relaxing the blood vessels and reducing high blood pressure. No matter if consumed cooked or raw it will still have the benefits. You can take 2 cloves of garlic on an empty stomach, however, if you cannot intake them like that, you can add it into your meals. Crush them before consumption to reap the optimal health benefits.
- Bananas – they are high in potassium which can reduce the sodium effects on the body. People who suffer from high blood pressure should eat bananas regularly.
- Celery – it helps in lowering high blood pressure as it contains phytochemicals which lower the pressure. They relax the muscles and arteries, creating more space for the blood flow. It also reduces stress naturally, and that is the key factor for causing high blood pressure.
- Coconut water – one should drink 64 oz. of water daily in order to keep the body hydrated. Coconut water is high in potassium, vitamin C, and magnesium that lower the blood pressure.
You should always monitor your blood pressure and keep it under control.