In case you would like to take this article into consideration, we first advise you to talk to your doctor in order to see if you are healthy enough to walk every day.
Walking is a very healthy activity. The best thing is that we burn calories while we’re doing it and it’s very easy! If we want to know how much calories we burn, we have to consider these things:
- Body Weight
- Walking area
Our body burns about 400 calories in only one hour of walking with an estimated speed of f 4 miles per hour.
How many steps will it take to burn calories?
- 1 mile = 2,000 steps = 100 calories burned
- 1 pound – 3,5000 calories
If you want to lose 1 pound a week, it is estimated that you will have to burn 500 calories a day e.g. walk about 5 miles every single day.
Here are several useful tips that will help you adjust to a walking routine better:
- Walk your children to school
- Avoid using the bus, and walk to your workplace or home
- Walk to the station and forget about taking a bus or taxi
- Avoid using the elevator, use only the stairs
- Avoid parking your car in front of the destination you need to get to
How Often Should You Walk?
In the first three days, you should walk for about 15 to 20 minutes. Start increasing the walking gradually to 30 and 60 minutes and do it every day. Researchers claim that walking is the simplest and easiest way to lose weight without exercising or being on a strict diet.