Dandruff can have a negative impact on the person’s self-esteem and many people all over the world deal with it although this common skin condition is only an aesthetic issue. Dandruff is the shedding of dead skin cells from the scalp. So, as skin cells die, they cause a small amount of flaking.
However, there are people who experience an abnormal flaking. This condition can be accompanied by redness, irritation, and itching. Such as oily skin, dry skin, or some other skin conditionsthere are various causes of dandruff. For instance, as well as a yeast-like fungus called Malasseziadandruff may also be triggered by eczema or psoriasis. Furthermore, dandruff may appear as a result of sensitivity to hair care products.
There is a simple and natural remedyin order to treat dandruff. All you need is an affordable ingredient you probably already have in your home- apple cider vinegar.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Dandruff
For numerous ailments apple cider vinegar is an ancient remedy. It is packed with anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. Thus, without stripping the hair of its natural oilsapple cider vinegar can maintain the pH balance of the scalp and remove buildup.
What’ most important when using apple cider vinegar for your hair is to choose the right type. You should pick out an organic apple cider vinegar, which is unfiltered, unpasteurized, and unprocessed.
How to Use ACV for Dandruff
In order to use apple cider vinegar for dandruff, you should follow these guidelines:
- First, wash your hair normally with shampoo.
- Then, mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water and apply the mixture onto your scalp. You should use your fingers or a cotton ball.
- Next, gently massage your scalp and wrap your hair with a shower cap or a towel.
- You should leave the mixture for about 10-15 minutes and wash off with warm water.
- You shouldn’t use shampoo after applying the ACV.
- Repeat this treatment on a daily basis for about a week.
Note: Test a small area of your scalp first before continuing with the above treatmentin case you have a sensitive skin.