Our body is constructed to contain an energy system of meridians, other than the already known systems such as the lymphatic system, nervous system, etc. Those meridians are actually channels not unlike blood vessels, but with energy flowing through instead of blood. They affect our body and the substance exchange in it.
Today, we’ve prepared you a Chinese biological clock that can show us the intervals in which energy circulates through the body and the strongest energy levels in an area of the body every two hours. The symptoms are noticeable if there are problems in that particular area.
12 meridians belong to every major organ. These are the lungs, large intestine, stomach, spleen, heart, small intestine, bladder, heart area, kidney, duodenum, gallbladder and liver meridians. According to yin-yang, they are divided in six yin and six yang meridians. The yin meridians belong to the organs which collect, storage and process substances and energy: the liver, lungs, spleen, heart, kidneys and heart area.
The yang meridians include the organs which exchange and excrete substances and energy: the colon, stomach, small intestine, bladder, duodenum and gallbladder. According to the Chinese medicine and law of rhythm rules, the meridians work for 24 hours, divided in 12 two hour intervals. Each meridian has its peak when the opposite meridian hits its low. A Chinese doctor always asks his patient first about what time of the day the symptoms appeared. He can then understand where the problem originates, or rather where the energy circulates with issues, or there is too much energy.
The best thing would be to follow the biological clock and write down the time when the symptoms appeared. You should also note the time of day when you’re most energetic, and when you wake up at night because that also implies there’s an issue in a certain part of the body.
Time of maximum function
- 1 – 3 AM – liver (detoxification, muscles and eyes)
- 3 AM – 5 AM – lungs (skin)
- 5 AM – 7 AM – colon (assimilation, elimination, skin)
- 7 AM – 9 AM– stomach (lymph, food digestion)
- 9 AM – 11 AM – spleen, pancreas (lymph, food digestion)
- 11 AM – 1 PM – heart (artery blood circulation)
- 1 PM – 3 PM – small intestine (digestion, assimilation, arteries)
- 3 PM – 5 PM – bladder (bones, teeth, elimination, cleaning)
- 5 PM – 7 PM – kidneys (bones, teeth, ears, filtration, elimination)
- 7 PM – 9 PM – cardiac layer (constriction of blood vessels)
- 9 PM – 11 PM – duodenum (thermoregulation)
- 11 PM – 1 AM – gallbladder (digestion, muscles, eyes)
Time of minimal functions or rest
- 1 AM – 3 AM – small intestine (digestion, assimilation of the arteries)
- 3 AM -5 AM – bladder (bones, teeth, cleaning elimination)
- 5 AM – 7 AM – kidney disease (bones, teeth, ears, filtration, elimination)
- 7 AM – 9 AM – the heart layer (constriction of blood vessels)
- 9 AM – 11 AM – duodenum (thermoregulation)
- 11 AM – 1 PM – gallbladder (digestion, muscles, eyes)
- 1 PM – 3 PM – liver (detoxification, muscles and eyes)
- 3 PM – 5 PM – lungs (skin)
- 5 PM – 7 PM – colon (assimilation, elimination, skin)
- 7 PM – 9 PM – stomach (lymph, food and digestion)
- 9 PM – 11 PM – spleen, pancreas (lymph, food digestion)
- 11 PM – 1 AM – heart (artery blood circulation)
The highest energy level of one meridian (organ) is exactly when another on the opposite side has its lowest.
See the liver for example: its highest energy levels are between 1 and 3 AM, and at that time the small intestine is at its lowest energy level. When you eat late and go to sleep, the food is not absorbed well in the small intestine, so you must avoid certain activities when the energy of the body involved in the activity is at its lowest.
All the functions are boosted during the maximum activity. If diseases appear because of excess energy which burden a system, they will show symptoms and that is the exact time to reduce the excess energy.
An organ should be strengthened if it shows weakness during maximum activity. Natural medicine offers many other remedies that can help you with the lack of energy, like acupuncture, homeopathy, etc. besides this clock.