Overeating and fatty foods can cause bloated belly. And this is an issue among women, especially when they want to wear a nice dress.
However, there is a list of things you can do or avoid in order not to have bloated belly:
- Consume more potassium – it counters some of the side effects of the salt if you consume it a lot. Try eating bananas, tomatoes, melons, citrus fruits, and asparagus.
- Drink 8 glasses of water each day – it will help waste flush out of your body. Coffee can also help. It adds bonus of contracting your colon and will help you to go.
- Drink peppermint tea – it alleviates gas by relaxing the digestive tract and boosting normal peristalsis.
- Do not eat too fast – this causes air swallowing and it leads to bloating. Digestion starts in the mouth and chewing your food more can go a long way in this department.
- Stop drinking carbonated drinks – the gas in these drinks traps gas in your stomach, thus replace it with flavored water using cucumber, lime, or lemon.
- Stop chewing gum – this also causes air swallowing and it can cause bloating. You better suck a nice piece of hard candy or eat lower-fat popcorn.
- Read food labels – if you buy processed, canned, or frozen food, make sure there is no more than 500 mg of sodium per serving as it provokes bloating.
- Cut excess salt – it provokes bloating, thus drink 3 liters of water daily to avoid excess salt and prevent water retention.