The Vicks VapoRub has been long used to ease chest congestion and coughing. These days, Vicks is still part of the business treating ailments with Vapors.
What makes Vicks so effective in relieving congestion and coughing is the combination of their ingredients, including menthol, camphor, and eucalyptus oil.
Did you know that besides their initial purpose, Vicks can be used in many other helpful and really amazing ways? If not, keep reading to find out more!
- Relief of common headaches is one of the suggestions for Vick`s fresh and strong-smelling ointment. Namely, the pain relief comes after Vicks is applied to your temples and LiveStrong recommends breathing in slowly after placing Vicks under the nose if used to relieve congestion and coughing.
- According to LiveStrong, Vicks can be also used to soothe aching muscles. All you have to do is to apply Vicks, massage the area, and wrap the muscles in a warm towel afterwards.
- Amazingly, even toenail fungus can be eased by rubbing VapoRub into the toenail. To beat the fungus, rub the toenail two to three times on a daily basis over the course of a few weeks or months.
- You can also repair your cracked heels by applying Vicks onto the heels and sleeping with your socks on. In the morning, rinse the Vicks with lukewarm water and exfoliate the skin by using a pumice stone.
- Pet lovers know that kittens tend to scratch on the furniture. Interestingly, applying Vicks onto the furniture helps keep them away!
- Skin bugs can be repelled by putting a small amount of Vicks on your clothes.
- Last but not least, you can use Vicksin to relieve itching, in case you are too sweet for bugs to resists.
Check out the video below for more in-depth information and more uses for this amazing ointment!