Living the modern urban lifestyle has brought increased stress, tension and anxiety, although it has made living easier in numerous ways.
Stress symptoms may be affecting your overall health, even though you might not realize it. Some of them can be high blood pressure, heart disease, obesity and diabetes.
One of the fastest ways to feel refreshed and calm is by focusing on a few key pressure points on our bodies.
Acupressure, a healing art used in Eastern medicine usually treats these points, but you can also help yourself and do it at home!
8 Pressure Points that Will Reduce Your Stress in Seconds
- The Scalp. Interlace your fingers and put them behind your head at the point on your neck where it meets the skull. Then press gently for 20 seconds using your two thumbs.
- The Ear. Some experts claim that this point is the best stress-relieving point in the body. Massage this spot using a cotton bud or even a pen, and take deep, slow breaths during the massage.
- The Chest. The center of the chest point is very effective to provide relief in anxiety and emotional misbalancing. Use three fingers to massage this point. This will help you calm down your nervous system.
- The Stomach. Many reflexologists prefer to use this point because it helps you create movement that frees the chest and diaphragm, which improves the breathing process. Patients who have this treatment instinctively take deeper breaths and almost always report a sensation or relief.
- The Forearm. Inside elbow point is very effective to relieve anxiety, distress in chest. Apply pressure on inside elbow points in both arms one by one to get relief in anxiety.
- The Palm. This point is located on one of the most important meridians (an energy channel), which affects the heart, liver, and pancreas. The moment you press on this spot, you’ll feel your stress evaporating.
- The Calves. Applying pressure at this point increases and regulates energy flow, relieves fatigue and helps in increasing concentration. Apply pressure for 1 minute and move to the next point.
- The Foot. This point is located at the side of the inside of the foot. Applying pressure at this point helps all-round nourishment and balanced circulation of energy throughout the whole body and mind, helps in relieving the mind from worries and anxiety. At the same time, it also helps you relieve ankle pains.