Our pubic area and the skin surrounding it is very special and delicate. Here, it is all about esthetics and hygiene. Numerous people have a very common problem with this area and that’s the dark sin. Especially women are the ones with this particular problem and here, we’re going to present you several natural remedies that can help you!
The American Academy of Dermatology claims that the medical term for this condition is AcanthosisNigicans(AN). It can also appear on the neck and armpits. These areas become discolored areas and the skin surrounding them is really thick, yet strangely soft and smooth. If a dermatologist considers that the condition with his/her patient is serious, he/she should perform several examinations. The target group mostly encloses healthy people of African origin.
The condition can originate since birth or you can acquire it if you have diabetes, gland problems or obesity. Also, some medicines like contraception can cause this problem.
Here are the 6 remedies we’re suggesting you to help you lighten those areas!
- Lemons– The citric acid in lemon is full of vitamin C which is excellent for whitening. Just take some lemon juice and rub the dark area. Leave it to stay like that for 10 minutes and wash it off with water. You’ll notice lighter skin after 1 or 2 months. Make sure you never shave this area before you apple the juice, because it will burn and sting.
- Rosewater and sandalwood– You can buy these ingredients in any healthy food store. Just mix 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder and 10 drops of rose water. Apply this on your skin after a bath/shower and leave it to act for 20 minutes. Rinse. The powder was used since ancient history to brighten or soften the skin. The rose water is hydrating and relaxing. You can repeat the procedure 3 times a week.
- Aloe Vera gel– If you don’t have an Aloe plant to squeeze the gel right of its leaves, just buy 100% Aloe Vera gel. Massage it on your groins and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash with some warm water and repeat this after every bath. It will definitely lighten up your skin.
- Regular yoghurt–Make sure you use plain yogurt and not the fruity ones. It soothes your skin and cools it down. Massage it on the dark skin and leave it for 15 minutes. Rinse it with some warm water. Repeat the treatment every day for several weeks.
- Orange juice and turmeric–Women in India use this cure of turmeric powder with other ingredients for a long time. Oranges and lemons are full of bleaching compounds. Turmeric can stain fabrics so be careful with your clothes! Mix 2 tablespoons of orange juice and a pinch of turmeric. Apply this once a day for 20 minutes. Rinse.
- Gram flour– This recipe is very famous in Southeast Asia. It is made from chickpeas which is an exfoliator and brightener! Prepare a paste with a little bit of water and this flour. Let it dry before you rinse it off. Do it 3 times a week.