There are lots of things we consume in order to please ourselves, but our metabolism is being disrupted. If it functions properly, the metabolism helps us burn fat, however, if it does not function properly, then the fat burning process will slow down, and you might feel sluggish.
In order to boost its function you can follow some tips which will turn your body into a machine of burning fat. You will also have to include balanced diet and exercise.
- Consume grapefruit – it boosts the metabolism. Have one or two per day, preferably in the morning. You may add honey if you do not like the taste.
- Consume raw honey – it keeps the blood sugar levels normal. Consume it raw.
- Drink water prior each meal – consume 16 oz. of water 20 minutes before each meal in order to improve your metabolism and decrease your appetite.
- Get the right breads – breads contain gluten which makes us feel sluggish and can stop the process of losing weight. However, you can have sourdough rye bread in order to keep the insulin levels normal.
- Vinegar – it helps the blood sugar and insulin levels. Consume it as a dressing for a salad. You may replace it with lemon juice if you don’t like its taste.
- Drink green tea while you take your meals – it contains caffeine that will help you boost the process of digestion and its nutrients will work as antioxidants. Moreover, it will help you decrease the absorption of fat.
- Add spices into your meals – cayenne, pepper, ginger, and turmeric are highly important spices for our health. They will add good flavor to your meals and will also help you slow down the process of sugar absorption and burn extra calories.
- Drink warm water – it in every 10-15 minutes during the day in order to act like a digestive cleanse and hydrate your body. Try it for a day to see how you will feel.
- Increase the intake of fiber – they will help you clean your system. You may add 1 tbsp. of ground flax or chia seeds to your meals to boost fiber.
- Eat beets – this vegetable will help you flush your liver and gallbladder, improving digestion. Take one serving of raw shredded beets each day in order to improve your metabolism and health.